Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nana and the Tornado

Sunday we went to Pa's house in Carson (near Petersburg) to visit with family. Callie got to meet her Great-Aunt Lynn, Great-Uncle Walter and Great, Great-Aunt Margaret. It was a nice visit and Callie was very good in the car, sleeping both ways. On Monday, Callie and I drove to Suffolk to meet Mom and Dad and we brought Mom back with us for the week. Becky and her family get on a plane tonight to fly to VA and spend time with Jon's family first, then drive down to my house for three days with us. We are all looking forward to it. It will be a great first Mother's Day for me. I will get to see my sister for the first time in 2009 and squeeze my niece and nephew.

We had one exciting event on Monday night. We turned on the TV for our weekly House addiction and there was a weather alert on showing a tornado warning for our neighborhood at that very moment. Matt didn't seem too worried but Mom and I went into action. I gathered all the cats and started throwing them in the bathroom and Mom grabbed Callie and got into the bathtub with her. Callie, Mommy, Nana and the three furry fat brothers all sat in the bathroom waiting to hear the telltale locomotive sound while Daddy (weirdo) wandered around outside hoping to see it. It was a false alarm and the system passed quickly so we all got out of the bathroom and went back to our show. But not before taking some pictures!

1 comment:

Allison said...

That's a riot of your poor mother in the tub! Glad yall are so prepared! :) Hope you have wonderful mothers day w/ your family. Please squeeze everyone for me! Love you guys!