Saturday, May 2, 2009

What Callie and the boys have been up to.


This week we have been working on our daytime schedule. Everything works great until late afternoon and evening. She goes down fairly easily for her afternoon nap and then, no matter what we try, she just doesn't want to wake up until bedtime! We just hang out with her in the family room watching TV and eating dinner while she sleeps soundly. Once it is time for bed, she wakes up and gets fussy.


We have also been watching our adorable baby's face turn all bumpy with baby acne. Hopefully this will pass soon!

Not much has been said about the boys lately, but they are settling in and back to their normal antics. They really like being near her and try to share in snuggle time. They also make a b-line for us if they notice a lap is empty. Poe has enjoyed exploring the new items in the house like her toy bins in the family room.


Ollie is usually under her crib when I put her down to sleep. I have to keep a thing of cat treats in our bedroom to shake to remove him or Chester so that I can close the door. Chester is usually in her crib if the nursery door has been left open, so I sometimes have to pull two cats out of there before I can put her down.


Poe has to be a part of all baby events, like bath time! Ollie is always nearby too, but that is just to jump in the tub afterwards to beg for water.


I have to keep a pillow in the bouncy seat to keep Chester and Poe from taking naps in it. They look so cute in it but I don't want it to get all hairy!


Overall, everyone is getting along great. The boys stay by her side and are proving to be great "baby sitters".

I am loving my new job and am trying to remain joyful in the middle of the night when I am rocking the wiggly, gassy girl back to sleep. I thank God for her pretty much every hour on the hour! She is definitely a little miracle!

The next week and a half are going to be very exciting. We are driving to Carson (Petersburg) tomorrow to see Pa and to introduce Callie to Matt's aunt Lynn and uncle Walter and his Great-Aunt Margaret. Then, I am driving to Suffolk to meet Mom and Dad at a McDonald's to pick up Mom for the week. I already have quite a list of things I want to do while she is here, some fun things, some work! Dad comes back on Saturday and then on Sunday, Mother's Day, Becky, Jon and the kids arrive in Va Beach and will be visiting with us until Tuesday evening. They have not met Callie yet and Matt hasn't met Brighton. So there should be lots of cute cousin pictures posted soon!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't believe her hair is so RED!!!!! That's good, redheads are extra loveable :-)
Mich