Monday, May 25, 2009

Giraffe Pictures for Will, Lynn and Walter

Callie's cousin Will loves giraffes and he loved looking at all Callie's "guys" in her crib. At one point during his visit, he asked me if he could hold her toy giraffe. That giraffe was the very first baby present I received (from Lynn and Walter) and it was a very emotional gift for me. It made it even more real that I was finally going to have a baby. When I was sick or sore because of the pregnancy, holding this little giraffe made me feel better and reminded me of what I had to look forward to. Now I see this toy as a symbol of God's promise that he has good things in store for us, tender miracles in soft and cute forms. Here are pictures of Callie in her giraffe outfit with her special toy. Thanks again Lynn and Walter!


(notice the leaf on her bottom)






not the best expression but I love how she has her hand on his little ears!

1 comment:

The Schumachers said...

Will says, "I would like to hold it (the giraffe)" These are some of the cutest pics yet...I can't believe how much she's changed since I saw her. She's definitely in a new phase!