Monday, October 29, 2012

Thinking Dry Thoughts...Sort of!

We are in what I hope will be the final hours of Hurricane Sandy.  It has been raining for DAYS and we are all feeling a little cooped up.  Callie is sick with a cold, so I guess the timing is fine for that!  So now is a great time to reflect back on warmer days of being out and about!  So here is our June from this summer.



Callie and I made a trip to the lake to visit Nana and Papa and some other friends and family.  It was a fun week but it wore us out with all the running around!

Bedtime stories with Nana and Papa.

Mom, Callie and I all got to meet our new cousin Everly!


My cousin Ashley and baby E!

Everyone's favorite reading spot!




Stopping to inhale smell the hydrangeas.





Perfect weather for boat riding but a little cool for swimming (at least that is what I thought, Callie of course, is immune to cold water!)



Can you find the sleeping baby?

Hanging out with Papa by the "pits" (horseshoe pits, that is)

Eating chips and white sauce with Nana and Mommy at El Rodeo in the 'Noke.

We also met up with my friend Catherine and her boys one day and then my friend Allison and her girls one day.  Callie loves anytime she can spend with both sets of friends.

 We went with Catherine and the boys to a Bounce House.  Nana enjoyed herself!  Catherine and I tried it as well.  That is all I wish to say on that matter...

Allison's house used to be a wonderland of toys that I didn't have growing up (not that I was lacking in toys!  She just had different ones from me!)  Abigail's house is proving to be the same thing to Callie and the best part are all the dress-up clothes!


Another fun June event for us was a bowling playdate with friends from church.  Only the kids bowled, which was fine by me since I am so terrible at it!  Maybe I will try the ramp next time I have to bowl.

Those little bowling shoes were so cute on her!

There were no toes injured, surprisingly!





No comments: