Friday, July 29, 2011

Zoo Night in June

I am in catch-up mode on this blog right now and this is the second post for the day.  Be sure to look at older posts to make certain you didn't miss one.  Before July ends, I hope to have completed all my blogging about June!  And one event for us this June was the members-only night at the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk.  It was a nice evening for a party with the animals.  It wasn't too hot and the rain held off.  We haven't been back since because the heat but hope to use the membership a lot in the milder weather months.  Callie certainly loves it and Matt and I do too.  Here are some pics from our zoo night.


 Llama llama, bad hair momma!  Glad I have already gotten my hair done since this picture or I would be out the door right now to fix those roots!

 Looking at the bears with Daddy.


 Callie identified the otters on her own, surprising us that she knew that word.  She enjoyed watching them play.



 This family of geese were enjoying the night at the zoo as well.

 Callie wanted to keep going back to the giraffes.  She would say, "Bye bye, raff."  but then ask to go back once we walked away.  Another highlight of the night for me was when she said goodbye to the elephant poop.

 Holding hands with Daddy.


This peacock practically crawled onto Matt shoulders.  Callie was fascinated with it and the others squawking around.  It inspired us to make peacock paintings the next day during art time.  Here is Callie's picture of a "poocock" as she pronounces it!


No comments: