Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hey! The Rest of May..and Some Hay!

Saying I am behind on blogging is an understatement.  The last two months have been a whirlwind and now I am behind the entire month of June and on posting picture of TWO weddings.  The picture below best illustrates the blog burden that I am now carrying.  If the clothes were actually photos that are piling up just begging to be posted, then I am the person being smothered by them.  It is actually a picture of Matt attempting to watch TV underneath Callie's attempt at folding laundry.  She pulled everything out of the basket, one at a time, scrunched each thing around in her hands (her version of folding) and "neatly" put it all away...on Daddy.



 Anyway, I hope to be caught up on summer before it is over which is more than I can say about spring.  I am now going to attempt to forget that the heat index outside today was 110 F and try to think back to the events of the third week of May.  That was the week that Callie and I made the trip to the lake and the mountain to visit family.  We had a bridal shower to attend in Giles for Meredith (Matt's cousin) and so we added in a trip to the lake to visit Nana and Papa and some short visits in to Roanoke with my friends Allison and Catherine.  I will also need to include Callie's latest stats from her 2 year appointment.  She didn't get to the doctor until late May because her personal assistant was delinquent in making the appointment!  Our not-so-babyish baby girl is now 35 inches tall (65%) and weighs 26 1/2 pounds.  She wowed the doctor, as usual, and really seemed to enjoy the appointment, especially since she didn't have to get any shots!  She is now big enough to play doctor and really got into whacking Daddy on the knee with the hammer thing.  Dr. Springer suggested she get a doctor's kit for Christmas so I figure her doctor uncle should be able to hook her up!  (Hint, Hint).  And, finally, at the end of May, we had a very nice Memorial weekend with Matt's parents and Meredith and Ben, at our place.  Whew!  That seems so long ago that it literally took me 5 minutes of mulling it over to even remember that Meredith and Ben were here!  Sheesh...better just stop writing and post the pictures.



Callie is really into hats now.  This May Sunday, she made her name sake, Beulah Mae, very proud by sporting this bright red hat and lady bug outfit.  Grandma LOVED red!  Callie kept the hat on all through church.  She was still wearing it when we picked her up from nursery and they said she put it back on any time it dropped off.






The next set of pictures I can't take ANY credit for.  They are pictures that my dear friend Catherine took of her son Micah and Callie when we visited her house.










 And now back to my mediocre photography!  Here are some pics I took during our visit with Allison, Abigail and Chloe.

 Chloe and Abigail cheering.

 Callie was spellbound by Abigail's collection of princess attire!

 A backwards ride on the biggest caterpillar ever!


Lake fun with Nana and Papa:




She got her first tick from this pile of hay.  But she loved running and jumping in it.








 And finally, some Grampy YooHoo and MiMi pictures:

 This my look like a headlock but it is actually a hug!  Callie loves to be hugged while she is watching TV and eating in her highchair.

 Dancing with YooHoo.  Matt plays the opening scene of "Working Girl" and Callie loves to dance to the "Jericho" song and watch the images of the Statue of Liberty and the Twin Towers.  ("achew" and "owers" in Callie language)


And now this picture reminds me of all the ironing I need to do...

No comments: