Monday, August 9, 2010

New Digs!

No, we aren't moving...yet.  But in an attempt to keep us happy in our little house a little longer (and to keep my sanity while cleaning the same messes over and over!), Callie and I now have a new "headquarters".  I decided Saturday afternoon that I was tired of trying to contain all of my art stuff to the guest room and then trying to work in there without being able to see what Callie was into.  So, with Michelle over to watch Callie and help move things, I went about switching all our bedroom furniture to the guest room and making the master bedroom our playroom/studio.  It is perfect!  I have already gotten so much done just this morning while Callie finished up her Captain Crunch and watched Sesame Street.  Callie loves being in there, especially since the bed is on the floor so it is more on her level.  I also moved some of her toys in there to help with the primary color overload in the family room.  Hopefully this will mean that my art messes and her play messes will stay contained mostly to that room and the rest of the house will be less messy at the end of the day.  It at least means that I can get work done while interacting with her and making sure she doesn't somehow manage to climb up on the fridge or whatever her next daredevil stunt will be!  Here are some pics of "Cat in the Lap Studio" and "Callie-tastrophe" headquarters
.

No comments: