Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Masterpiece by a Masterpiece

I am about to burst from excitement!!!! Callie painted today for the first time!  I have always said that watching children paint is one of the most beautiful sights in the world to me.  I used to occasionally tear up just watching my students contentedly painting away and so proud of themselves.  Today, while I was working on my entries for the gallery's upcoming surfer show (hence the blue color palette), my precious baby girl stood up on the other end of my art table, grabbed a brush, dipped it in paint and looked at me as if to say, "Where's my canvas?"  I wasted no time in getting a piece of paper for her, taped it in place and she painted away while I stood there in amazement, beaming with pride!  I finally regained my senses enough to pull her clothes off and go grab the camera.   Once I revealed another surface in need of more color, she moved on to painting her belly, diaper and eventually the white blanket she was standing on--all with acrylic (non-washable) paint!  But I don't care!  I may frame the blanket too!  Would it be taking it too far to frame the diaper???

Once her masterpiece was complete, she went back to her peanut butter sandwich.

The Surfer by Callie Mae Spiers
12x12 Acrylic on Cardstock
Absolutely NOT For Sale!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh SO cute, Amanda! Go Callie!