Monday, June 21, 2010

Thursday Beach Nights

Our very busy summer continues and I have sooo many pictures to put on this blog after just one week!  The pics and video I am posting are from my Thursday night beach volleyball game.  This is my third summer playing and I am enjoying it more this year than ever.  Some nights I go there by myself which is a treat just to get away for a few hours and not have to get the stroller out and pack a million things.  But the real treat is when Matt and Callie come too.  (And Michelle!)  This past Thursday was one of those nights and it gave us an opportunity to get a very hesitant Callie Mae used to the ocean and sand again.  She was nervous at first, not even wanting to stand in dry sand.  And when we took her down to the surf she stood like a flamingo on one tip-toed foot trying to avoid the waves.  But something clicked, maybe just the confidence she gets from Daddy being there, and all of a sudden, she LOVED it!  Matt and Michelle took her to the playground area while I was playing and Callie decided that she would rather play in the water so she walked all the way down on her own (with them close behind, of course!).  She would hesitate momentarily when she reached different textures of sand but once she got near the water she took off.  I later took her back down in just a diaper so that she could get in further.  After we dried and changed her, Matt fed her a peanut butter sandwich while I played in another match and then he took Callie to the wall of the boardwalk to look at the carvings.  She surprised everyone by scaling the wall and then walking along the outside of the boardwalk rails.  Needless to say, we had a really fun night and she slept well that night and even took a four hour nap the next day!  Thanks to Michelle for being the photographer for most or all of these pics!  Make sure you scroll down to watch the two videos I have attached after this post.

Not quite sure about the sand...

...but she loves playgrounds!


Starting her turtle-pace migration to the ocean, which if you haven't seen VA Beach lately, is a really long walk!



Daddy, let me go!

Beach belly.

Testing the new texture...


Loving the waves and constantly trying to go deeper.

Playing v-ball

Scaling the wall--with daddy hands as footholds.

Matt told me not to use this picture but I think it is adorable how he stops to fix her diaper wedgie so she won't be "indecent"!  Her shorts were soaked from earlier and I didn't pack an extra set of clothes --mommy fail!

No comments: