Friday, July 31, 2009

Pembroke 4 Gallery Show

It is about time for an artwork update. I have been very busy these last few months, not just with mommy/baby business, but squeezing painting time into any second I have. It is hard to balance housework, artwork and baby care without feeling guilty that I am cheating Callie of time with me. My remedy to this situation is to stay up very late. Sometimes I don't even get started until 10pm or later since she is such a night owl. But God has given me the strength and energy to get accomplished what I needed to do in time for deadlines. Another artist at the Artist's Gallery invited me to be a guest artist at another gallery he is a part of. Every gallery member can invite two guests for every show but the guest can only show work at this gallery once a year. It is a huge honor to be invited and I realized just how privileged I am to be a part of it once all the guests introduced themselves. There are some extremely accomplished artists that are a part of this show. The theme of the show is "Local Sites/Local Sights" so it fits right in to what I usually paint. I had to enter 6-10 paintings and then the juror chose what would be part of the show. All eight of the paintings I entered made it in. I entered four of my normal watercolor/pastel/pen paintings. I also entered four of my newest adventures in collage and acrylic. I call these my "Vintage Beach and Boardwalk Series." I am working on two more tonight to take to the Artist's Gallery tomorrow. Here are the paintings in the Pembroke 4 show. The show lasts until October 19th.



Callie and I are ready for the show reception. Matt went too, but he wasn't as colorfully dressed!


Keeping Watch


Waiting for Action - this is not in the Pembroke 4 show, but is a painting I just sold in the Summerscapes show at the Artists Gallery. I forgot to post it earlier.


Moonlight Surf (I put this on the blog earlier, I decided to enter it into the Pembroke 4 show.)


Boardwalk Spigot


Beach Umbrellas (part of the Vintage Beach and Boardwalk Series)

Beach Buggie - Water break (part of the Vintage Beach and Boardwalk Series)


Beach Buggie - Lavern's (part of the Vintage Beach and Boardwalk Series)


31st Street Rockers (part of the Vintage Beach and Boardwalk Series)

No comments: