Monday, February 27, 2012

Snippet: My Hairdresser

I am starting a new segment of my blog called "Snippets".  I realized that, since I am regularly behind on blogging because it takes so long to get pictures together and write about a picture worthy event, I am missing the little everyday things that I won't have pictures to help me remember.  One of my main reasons for blogging is to record my memories of Callie's childhood.  So my "snippets" will likely be short, image-free and possibly out of chronological order.  Basically, they are posted on a whim and are meant to help me remember something Callie did.  So, after a much too wordy introduction, here is my first snippet.  I call it "My Hairdresser".

Today, my hairdresser smelled like Captain Crunch and didn't bother to get out of her Minnie Mouse pajamas before she came to work.  She spilled out all her hair bows on the floor and then decided to use my clips instead.  She brushed my hair in a style she kept referring to as, "Up, up and away!" and once she had it all brushed forward, over my face, she commented on how much I looked like a puppy.  One might assume that it was quite relaxing having someone brush and "style" my hair.  But my stylist's methods include excruciating twisting, a strange scrunching technique and what she calls "making a bow" but is really her trying to tie strands of hair in a knot.  I also have to regularly answer the same question, "All pretty yet, mommy?" and if I say, "I don't know, am I?" the answer is always, "No...still brushing".  I am not sure if I am not yet pretty because the brushing is not complete or if the continued brushing is a result of the fact that I am not yet pretty.  I don't recommend this hairdresser if you are really in need of an ego boost!

No comments: