Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Callie the Snow Princess

I love getting snow down here because it makes me feel like I am back in the 'burg.  We have had a great snow season so far this winter and, being the snow baby I am, I want even more.  The day after Christmas brought a blizzard like this area hasn't seen in years.  Second biggest snowfall in 100 years, actually.  We had 15 inches at our house.  Mom and Dad were snowed in at the ocean front in a cushy hotel suite with a fireplace.  They enjoyed their time there, walking on the boardwalk and seeing snow on the beach.  Matt's parents and sister were also snowed in at the bay in her condo.  (I will post images from the bay and oceanfront next).  Callie was initially hesitant about diving right into the the deep, fluffy white stuff, but after a few minutes she "warmed" up to it.  The deep snow lasted several days so she was able to play in it on multiple occasions.  The local weatherman predicts that we are in for one more late season snow storm, so maybe Callie will get more use out of her snowsuit this year.  I think I am the only person in Hampton Roads actually hoping for that, though!

 View from our front window.



 "I don't think I like this, Daddy!"



 Poe begged to come out with us and then immediately regretted it.  Ollie and Chester watched from inside.  This is Oliver's "That cat's an idiot" face.


 Poe eventually made his way to the tray we put out for the cameras to sit on.  He is looking at Matt and meowing in desperation.  We did eventually let him go back inside!

 Throwing snow at Daddy!


 Loving the snow now!




 A quick visit with Tigger before going inside for a nice, warm bath.


 Callie's next time out was much warmer thanks to a new snowsuit from Grammie.


 Just look at those adorable frozen cheeks!


 Building a little snowman with Daddy.

 Much more excited to be in the snow this time!


No comments: