Friday, March 12, 2010

Shoes and Shows, and Looking Purrr-ty!

I am not sure I have ever been so glad it is March!  (Well, maybe last year when I knew that I only had one more month left of pregnancy!)  We have endured some pretty cold, snowy winters in Blacksburg but this winter has seemed endless and we didn't even have the terrible weather that the rest of the state had.  Maybe it has something to do with trying to keep a very busy little baby occupied everyday that makes warm spring days even more welcome.  This week, Callie and I have really enjoyed walks outside and play-time in the neighborhood parks.  Which brings me to the main event of this post--New Shoes!  Since Callie is now walking outside, it was necessary to have her fitted for some quality shoes.  Michelle met us at the mall yesterday and we went to Stride Rite to buy two new pairs.  (They were having a sale, and what girl is happy with just one new pair?)  Callie loves her new shoes even though she really hasn't figured out what they are for yet.  She just really likes carrying them around and playing with the boxes.  She has a new pair of dressy white sandals and a pair of hot pink mary-jane style sneakers that are mesh so she won't get too hot in them this summer.  I can't wait to put her in them to go to the park, but today it is rainy, so I guess we will have to settle for an indoor fashion show.  And now for another segue...shows...last Friday night was the opening of the cat and dog art show at the gallery.  Costumes were encouraged, so I spent a good part of that day making cat ears headbands and tails for Callie and I.  Matt preferred to remain dressed as a human, not really sure what the fun is in that!  Callie was a huge hit, as usual, and she didn't even realize she was dressed up.  But when I put her in her tail and ears, she immediately ran into the hall and tried to get through the cat door.  I took pictures and video and hopefully will get to posting the video soon.  For now...enjoy the pictures!

Sorry, this kitty is NOT up for adoption!

Struttin' her stuff and swishin' her tail.

I guess it would be easier if she learned to use the cat door, feed herself cat food and use the litter box!

Petting a kitten from the SPCA (the art show was a benefit for them, and NO we didn't bring one home!)

Momma Kitty and Baby Kitty by my painting of Brother Kitty Chester.  (not pictured:  Daddy Kitty)

Another painting that I entered into the show - All Girls Love Shoes
It was painted from a photograph of Indey sleeping with my shoes.  She was so much like a cat!
I love those tiny shoe boxes almost as much as the shoes themselves!

The dance of the new peep-toe sandals.

Very Proud!

Telling me all about them...she is so talkative now--all babbling and dada sounds still.

I just loved this picture because it shows her gorgeous profile.

...and I guess this is one for the humane society --two levels of confinement.  We are so cruel to our babies!

No comments: