Friday, November 6, 2009

Adventures in NOLA: Day Four

Thursday was birthday day for Nana and Brighton. Brighton turned one and Nana turned 45, I think. That is the story I am sticking to anyway. I have a two day ride back with her coming up soon so I better not tell the the world wide web her actual age. Not that it is old...Anyway, I won't be covering Brighton's big day in this blog because I don't want to steal Becky's thunder. She will post pictures and write about it on her own blog later. I might come back and add pictures to this post next week after she has had a chance to put some on. The big events of the day were shopping at ToysRUs for the kids (I got some more shopping done for Callie's first Christmas) and then we went out for a great dinner and then came home for cake. Callie had a rough day because of teething. Thanks to Nana's persistence, she is finally eating certain things. At the restaurant, she pigged out on baby puffs but wasn't content with just those. I gave her a saltine and she immediately started biting off bits, chewing and swallowing. All without gagging or making the "grodey" face. She finished off two whole crackers before she was content to just play with the crinkly wrappers. Here are some pictures from the day.









The floor on this side of the table was an absolute disaster by the time we left!



The floor on this side was slightly cleaner!



Will decided he needed to take some pictures of the birthday celebrations. It is very difficult to get a good picture of him lately, which is why I don't have many posted from this week. He is a bit stubborn about posing for the camera.




And what first birthday would be complete without some pics of the birthday suit. We have been bathing the girls together every night. They seem to enjoy it!



While Brighton was playing with the spigot, Callie thought it would be appropriate to try and bite her butt. Unfortunately, I didn't get it on camera, but you can just imagine the scene!


























No comments: